Mel B's Estranged Husband Celebrates Settlement With Former Spice Girl After Nasty Legal Battle


Mel B's estranged husband Stephen Belafonte says he's the 'happiest guy in the world' after reaching a private settlement with his wife on Thursday ahead of the couple's nasty domestic violence trial.

In a video statement released exclusively to DailyMail.com, a jubilant Belafonte said his family has been 'restored' and he's glad the 'cloud of suspicion' of domestic violence is no longer hanging over his head.

The producer, 42, who was accused of beating America's Got Talent judge Mel and subjecting her to 10 years of abuse in a bitter and very public battle, thanked his lawyers and said he loves all his children.

With the first hurdle cleared on Thursday morning, Mel B and Belafonte can now move forward with hearings for their divorce.


In his statement Belafonte said: 'Today's a beautiful day, I'm just leaving court, you know what I've gotta tell ya, I'm the happiest guy in the world today.

'It's about family, family has been restored, you know I want to thank my family lawyers because they are a family and helped me mentally and legally.

'I'm just glad the cloud of suspicion of domestic violence is no longer over my head and I, my God, Angel I love you, Madison I love you, Phoenix I love you, Giselle I love you. I love my children.'

Belafonte was hit with a temporary domestic violence restraining order when Mel slammed him with the abuse allegations.

He lost contact with his step-daughter Angel, Eddie Murphy's daughter with Mel, despite raising her from birth.

And he was only allowed to see biological daughter Madison once a week in supervised visits.

He added: 'It's hard out here to be a man who wants to step up and be a father, but you know what, you persevere and you get there in the end.


No comments