Rita Ora Reveals She’s Had Her Eggs Frozen


Rita Ora isn’t taking any chances when it comes to starting a family – she had her eggs frozen years ago. The forward-thinking singer, 26, says she’s keen to have children fairly soon, but made special provisions when she was in her in her early 20s – just in case.

Speaking on Australia's Sunrise, Rita revealed: “Me being 27 soon, I thought about this when I was in my early 20s, about kids.

“Maybe that is me being a hypochondriac, but I have always wanted a big family and my doctor asked me, 'I think you should freeze your eggs when I was in my early 20s', that is what he said to me.


“He has been my family doctor for a long time and he said you are healthy is now and it would be great, why not put them away and then you never have to worry about it again?”

Rita admits it’s unusual that someone her age would freeze their eggs, but she doesn’t see the point in waiting until she’s older.

She added: “I think it depends on people's beliefs and I'm a big believer in using what we have in making the most of it.

“I have never said that [I've had my eggs frozen] on TV, and I'm 26 so I know people might say, 'wow, that's so young'. I just wanted to really be safe. Maybe that is me being crazy.”

Rita was recently rumoured to be dating her producer pal Andrew Watt.


No comments