Pictured! Man Believes Painkillers Turned Him Gay


A man claims that he has turned gay because of painkillers that he had been taking. Scott Purdy, 23, started taking the drug after breaking his foot while go-karting and quickly lost his sexual attraction to women.

He broke up with his girlfriend of six months and said that he had developed an attraction to men. He said: ‘I noticed my libido for women had gone and I was wanting male attention. I was with a girlfriend I had been with for around six months.

 ‘I had never been interested in men. When I was younger I was a little bit curious but a  couple of weeks after I started taking it I turned around and said I didn’t find her physically attractive anymore. She knew I was taking Pregabalin.


‘I said to her, “I don’t really know what’s happening to me and I told her I like men and I just can’t be with you”. ‘She was relatively understanding, as understanding as you could possibly be.’

Pregabalin or Lyrica is a medication used to treat epilepsy, pain associated with the brain, and generalised anxiety disorder. Its documented side effects include loss of libido and mood swings. Issokay!



No comments